Google Index Checker
Check instantly the index status of pages in bulk with Linkody’s Google Index Checker tool.
When to use this tool
You can use this tool to fulfill the following tasks:
- check if pages from your website are indexed
- check if your backlinks are valuable
- check if a page you're prospecting a backlink from is valuable
- check if a website is potentially toxic
How to use this tool
Enter up to 10 URL and click the "CHECK GOOGLE INDEX STATUS" button. The tool will check the URL and provide an indexation status for each of them. This status can be:
||The page is indexed.|
|page not indexed
||The page is not indexed but other pages on this domain are.|
|domain not indexed
||No page on this domain is indexed.|
How to interpret the results
If a page is not indexed by Google, this can mean:
- Google does not know about this page yet. This can happen if the page is new and Google hasn't crawled it yet, or if it is placed deep in the website and Google hasn't found it yet.
- Google has crawled the page but hasn't indexed it. This can happen if the page is of too low quality or the website too large and Google does not want to waste resources on this page.
If a domain is not indexed by Google (no page from this domain is indexed), this can mean:
- The domain is brand new and Google has not discovered it yet.
- Google decided to not index the website, or the website was previously indexed but Google decided to de-index it. In both cases, this means Google considers that the website is spammy or has violated Google Webmaster Guidlines, for instance by using black hat SEO or buying link. De-indexing a website means removing it completely from search results.
How does the index status impact SEO value
- If the page is indexed, a 'follow' link from this page has some SEO value (all other criteria excluded).
- If the page is not indexed but the domain is, a backlink from this page may or may not have some SEO value. first, it may just be a question of time. Google may decide to index this page in the future. It is also suspected that Google follows links and passes some value even if it has decided to not index a page. Therefore links from non-indexed pages can still hold some value.
- If the domain is not indexed because the website is brand new, a backlink from this website will have little value. If the domain has been de-index, the website is toxic and a link from any page from this website can be harmful.
What to do if you have a backlink from one of these pages
- If the page is indexed and the link is follow, congratulations, the link may be valuable. Read our guide to learn about the other criterias that can impact the value of a link.
- If the page is not indexed, wait a few weeks and check its status again. It can take time for Google to index a page.
- If the domain is not indexed because Google has penalized the website, the link may be toxic and harm your ranking. You may want to disavow this page or the entire domain. Read our guide on how to disavow toxic links.
What to do if you are prospecting a backlink from one of these pages
- If the page is indexed and you can get a follow link, go for it, the link will have some SEO value (all other criteria excluded).
- If the page is not indexed, wait a few weeks and check its status again. In the meantime, direct your effort towards another page that is indexed.
- If the domain is not indexed, avoid at all cost to get a link from this page or any other page from this website. Direct your efforts towards getting a link from a different website. Read our guide on the best way to acquire backlinks.